Tuesday, April 14, 2009

a not so simple farewell

Bob Dylan once wrote, “Come gather round people wherever you roam and admit that the waters around you have grown and accept it that soon you’ll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth saving, then you’d better start swimming or you’ll sink like a stone…for the times, they are a-changing.

It sure felt like a big change in the scrapbooking world yesterday when the very last issue of Simple Scrapbooks came in the mail. Stacey Jilian wrote in her last editor’s note, “In the beginning there were many naysayers who claimed scrapbooking was just a fad. I didn’t buy it then and I don’t believe it now. Scrapbooking is an amazing hobby centered around the importance of memories and personal expression.” In the last paragraph Stacey talked about her commitment to doing her part to keep this industry alive and thriving. The times are changing and I hope that the scrapbooking industry keeps swimming…I know I will. My mailbox already misses you!

1 comment: